200 years of Australian fashion

I hate that the date for each post doesn't appear in my blog, I googled for solutions and tried all of them but none of that worked for me *sigh*


But Anyway, last month (I guess), I went to 200 years of Australian fashion exhibition at National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne. It was captivating, you discovered how Australian fashion has been shaped for over 200 years, from the 18th century that known for its rich embroidery, hand-sewn gown and skirt with supports; bumps, rumps, and culs, until the current modern fashion that appears on social media and street style.





Some pop culture, disco-themed, and art-inspired outfits are also seen inside the exhibition, they reminded of my childhood memories and my favourite childhood celebrities crushes. I was like ... ohh, I remember Hilary Duff used to wear this kind of outfits, or the Olsen twins, or....







Finally, when you entered a section and you spoke inwardly ...Oh, I feel like I love this kind of style, this is so 2016, this is what I searched for most on pinterest.... Then I tried to look at the year written on each style description, and yeaah I was at the last section of the exhibition, so it all make sense. 






4-metre gown with Swarovski Crystal by DION LEE
And, of course I took heaps pictures of myself messing around inside and outside the exhibition. I finished all the sections way too quick and I decided to see another exhibition since I still got more time to explore. So yeaah again I'm sorry for low quality blog's pictures :(













Inner Top | ZARA (AU)
Crop Tank Top | General Pants (AU)
Wide Leg Culotte | ZARA (AU)
Socks | LAZY OAF (UK)
Shoes | Converse (AU)
- Jess -



Comments

Popular Posts